6.23.2010

The Ugly 4 Letter Word DIET


I can’t seem to put it off any longer no matter how hard I try. I have told myself…”you cannot get FAT, I demand it.” This has NOT worked!!

For several years I was fit, trim and lean. Then I became pregnant at 39. I again told myself…”you WILL stay fit and you will not put on unnecessary baby weight.” I listened to myself. I was up {just about} everyday walking. I drank plenty of water. I ate healthy dishes for me and the baby. The only weight I gained was from the baby. WOW!! I found it hard to believe myself. I decided I was going to breastfeed. Even though I had to keep my calorie intake up for the baby, it seemed that the pounds just melted off.

THEN…I stopped breastfeeding. I had become use to eating much MORE!! The pounds no longer melted away but stuck and stuck hard. I had stopped exercising. I was and am a mess. The time has come. I have to DIET!!

I CAN DO THIS. I got myself in shape once, I know I can do it again. It’s all about mind over matter. So with my mind made up, I’m going to start my DIET tomorrow. I’m not good at stuff like Jenny Craig or Billy Banks {Tae Bo} so I will be doing my own thing. Why, for this is what I did years ago. I know my body better than anyone and I know what I can and cannot do. I came up with my own {what I call} Body Plan. This is what I will be doing this time. Wish me luck!!

1 comment: