6.23.2010

My Monster... Folding A Fitted Sheet

Okay, for YEARS I have struggled with trying to fold a fitted sheet. My mother-in-law can fold sheets that look like they came straight from the Chinese laundry. It made me ill how ‘perfect’ her linen closet looked. So I took my sheets to the bedroom with my Martha Stewart book and locked the door. If I don’t lock the door every child would come in with something to say.

It looked SO easy in the book. The pictures and the directions seemed to be great. Was I just fitted sheet challenged?? After about 20 minutes I finally DID IT!! Why did it take so long? The directions was for a right hand person, I'm LEFT handed. I was so happy. I could not believe how pretty and neat the sheet looked. Hubby was like…”who cares just fold it the best way you can, what is the big deal”. I could not believe what I was hearing. This is the man who is “Mr. Perfection”, the man who will spend 2 hours organizing the garage so it’s nice and neat, when I’m like…”who cares it’s a garage”. My daughters celebrated my victory with me. At least someone cared that I had finally did the impossible.

This is a personal challenge for me now. Can I turn my house into a nice neat place for everyone? Sure, some ladies have help…’THE MAID’. I’d rather spend my ‘maid’ money on a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes or another Louis Vuitton bag. Oh the choices in life.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! It is a big deal!

    I don't have that skill set either but with your previous post, I just might be on my way!

    I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen you over at SITS' site.
    Welcome to the blogosphere, sitsah!!
    Following you, hope you visit me!
    Happy weekend!
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies for visiting. I'll be heading over your way with a cup of coffee and a slice of cake to settle in for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gloria for the follow back!
    I think we are alike. I love my Luis Vuitton handbag and Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha too.
    LOL!
    Have a fantastic weekend!
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slowly going crazy without my White Chocolate Mocha. I told myself NO white mocha's for week!! The whole diet thing you know.

    ReplyDelete